Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vicky desai <vi...@germinait.com> on 2013/08/05 06:03:47 UTC

Re: Querying a specific core in solr cloud

Hi Erik,

I did check the logs and request is going to ip1 if core is not present on
ip2. This should be a bug right?

Re: Querying a specific core in solr cloud

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
bq: This should be a bug right?

I actually don't think so, although one can argue it either way.
The point of SolrCloud is to try to work as robustly as possible.
&distrib=false is intended to be a debugging tool rather than
something that's part of "normal" operation IMO.

If you really want to understand the state of your system (i.e.
what nodes are up and what nodes are down) you should be
querying ZooKeeper rather than trying to ping individual nodes.

Feel free to submit a patch if you want, but I'm not sure it'll
get a lot of attention. I could be wrong about that but....

Best
Erick