Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by omar guzman villar <om...@lisa.escom.ipn.mx> on 2004/03/26 21:50:27 UTC

Problems with suexec

Hi, I'm making an administrator of my Redhat 9.0
system running cgi's under Apache. My problem is that the cgi runs
under user apache and group apache. But I want to
restart or stop services, and to create users and delete users, and that
things just can be done by root.
What can I do?
I don't understand or know how to use suexec.
Could you help me?

--
omar guzman villar <om...@lisa.escom.ipn.mx>
ESCOM

Re: Problems with suexec

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hello there,

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, omar guzman villar wrote:

> My problem is ... things just can be done by root.

You need to ask on a mailing list for newbie Linux users.

Have a look at

www.linux-learn.org/faqs/html/

This list is for discussion of topics related to mod_perl.

73,
Ged.