Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rob Schroder <ro...@manilla.com> on 2011/01/29 22:30:03 UTC

Running multiple jmeter slaves on one machine

Hi,

I have a box with a ton of RAM.  I'd like to run multiple jmeter slaves on that box.  Since they would all have the same IP address, it doesn't seem obvious to me how I could refer to them from the jmeter master.  Can I force them all to listen on a unique port and refer to those in the master's jmeter.properties file?

Regards,
Rob

Re: Running multiple jmeter slaves on one machine

Posted by Rob Schroder <ro...@manilla.com>.
Awesome.  Thanks!

On 2/4/11 2:21 AM, "sebb" <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 4 February 2011 07:28, Rob Schroder <ro...@manilla.com> wrote:
> As a follow up to this, I did install several instances of jmeter on one box.  When I try to run more that one headless, I get the following stacktrace:
>
> Waiting for possible shutdown message on port 4445
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>    at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind0(Native Method)
>    at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
>    at java.net.DatagramSocket.bind(Unknown Source)
>    at java.net.DatagramSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>    at java.net.DatagramSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>    at java.net.DatagramSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>    at org.apache.jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine.waitForSignals(StandardJMeterEngine.java:228)
>    at org.apache.jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine.access$100(StandardJMeterEngine.java:57)
>    at org.apache.jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine$1.run(StandardJMeterEngine.java:208)
>

> Is there way to pass in the 'shutdown' port so that each one can listen on a unique port?

>From jmeter.properties:

# If running non-GUI, then JMeter listens on the following port for a
shutdown message.
# To disable, set the port to 0.
#jmeterengine.nongui.port=4445

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Schroder <ro...@manilla.com>.

Posted by Rob Schroder <ro...@manilla.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

AW: Running multiple jmeter slaves on one machine

Posted by Christoph Jahn <ch...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi