Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <su...@junkemailfilter.com> on 2015/08/07 21:02:07 UTC

Some free spam filtering

Hi Everyone,

I'm the owner of the hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com list and I'm looking
for more spam bot data. So this is an easy way for you to get rid of
some spam for free and help block spam for other people who use my lists.

My lists are free so feel free to use them.

Here's what you can do. In addition to your current MX records add this
as your highest numbered MX. (lowest priority)

tarbaby.junkemailfilter.com

What we do is return a 4xx error to all connections. But we harvest spam
bot data in the process. Not all connections are black listed however.
The system is smart so if your server is down we're not going to
blacklist everyone emailing you. In order to get blacklisted the spammer
has to commit other "sins" - usually only stuff that only spammers do.

The way this works is - bot net spammers often go for the backup servers
first thinking there's less spam filtering on the backup servers. And
virus bots don't retry. So and spam hitting my servers is spam you never
see and that reduces system load on your servers.

Additionally - if you use my free black list in combination with this
then my lists will contain spam bots that are spamming your domains.
This allows my list to tune to your spam.

Also - if you have dead domains you can also point them to my
tarbaby.junkemailfilter.com server and I can harvest the spam.

I also advertise authenticated smtp on these servers so anyone trying to
hack it will think they are successful and I will absorb their
spam/bandwidth and blacklist them. My system accept all passwords. But
the spam never goes out. It is used for information to block their spam.

So - this is win/win for those who want to take advantage of it. Here's
a link to my list info.

http://wiki.junkemailfilter.com/index.php/Spam_DNS_Lists

--
Marc Perkel - Sales/Support