Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Imran M Yousuf <im...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/01 04:36:53 UTC

Re: maven repository

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 12:39 AM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 6:18 AM, Imran M Yousuf <im...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks a lot St.Ack. Will
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/ be
>> synchronized with Maven Central?
>>

> It looks like other published artifacts of Apaches show in maven
> central.  Maybe there is a step beyond what is listed herein,
> http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html, that I need
> to do, but maybe it will just appear (I asked one of the zk lads and
> he says he did nothing extra to get zk into maven central).  I'll keep
> an eye on it and if it doesn't appear over next few days will ask
> Apache INFRA.

I have noticed the POM and from that I can see that it refers to
external repositories other than maven central; this could be
prohibitive from putting the artifacts to maven central. But I do not
think that is imperative as long as the release and snapshot
repository URLs' are available in the HBase website.

> St.Ack
> P.S. I saw your tweet asking if hbase was available in maven repo yet
> but ignored it because was embarrassed about it taking so long.  I
> apologize.

Please don't mention. In fact as a HBase user I should also apologize
for not volunteering in helping with it since I am working with maven
for quite some time now. In fact you can count me in for any maven
related work for HBase.

Regards,

Imran