Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Mark Sholund <ma...@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2021/05/03 16:25:49 UTC

alias for collections with different schemas

Hello,

I have a fixed number of collections that I want to query via an alias.  The collections do not share a schema but have fields that serve similar purposes (e.g. one has a 'title' where another has a 'document.title').  I assume that each collection will use its default field if no field name is given but when a user queries for 'title:...' I would like the query to use 'document.title' where appropriate - is that possible?  What do I need to do to accomplish this?

In addition, how would I tell Solr to return documents for both collections with a 'title' field instead of some having 'title' and others having 'document.title' fields?

I am using Solr 7.7.2.

TIA,
Mark