Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benedikt Kratz <B....@uvt.nl> on 2005/10/26 15:52:30 UTC

SNAPSHOT problems

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to maven, but started using a project that relies on
maven, and on Monday I was able to fetch some jar files from the ibiblio
repository. Today I wanted to repeat the whole process of getting that
project running to make some documentation, but I've noticed that the
SNAPSHOT versions are not any longer available.

I am using Maven 1.0.2  and I am looking for the SNAPSHOT versions of
commons-logging and commons-discovery (e.g.,
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-discovery/jars/). Is this just a
temporary glitch (because I am quite sure that the
commons-discovery-SNAPSHOT and commons-logging-SNAPSHOT files were on
the ibiblio server last Monday) and being solved with the next update
(it is not exclusively for logging and discovery), or has something else
changed permanently and if so what should we do about that? Or am I
doing something else wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Benedikt

p.s., here the dependency part of the project.xml file:

<dependency>
  <groupId>commons-discovery</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-discovery</artifactId>
  <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
  <properties>
    <module>true</module>
  </properties>
</dependency>

RE: SNAPSHOT problems

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Snapshots were removed in ibiblio some days ago
Snapshots delivered by apache projects are now available here :
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/
You can setup your maven build to retreive your dependencies from ibiblio and this repository with the property :
maven.repo.remote=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven;http://cvs.apache.org/repository/

Arnaud