Posted to doxia-dev@maven.apache.org by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org> on 2007/09/07 09:25:53 UTC

head element in site.xml?

Hi,

I just noticed that the site descriptors for the doxia (and maven) site
contain a <head> element, apparently to include a javascript snippet in
all created site pages. I was not aware that this was possible, it's not
mentioned anywhere in the docs and google didn't help me either.

Problem is: 1st, it causes a bug that makes all maven generated pages
invalid XHTML [1], and 2nd I have already told a user that it's illegal
[also 1].

So question: should it be supported officially? If yes, whoever knows
more, please document! :)

-Lukas

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-230

Re: head element in site.xml?

Posted by push <pu...@agreeya.com>.
is there any othwer way to put site.xml other thn putting it inside src/site
folder

Re: head element in site.xml?

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: head element in site.xml?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Yes :)

Though it's probably a bit dodgy as is. It really is XHTML specific -
you probably want some more general way to include in there.

The JavaScript is for Google Analytics (which btw, seems to have
broken with a recent site deploy... traffic halved suddenly 2 weeks ago)

- Brett

--
Brett Porter - brett@apache.org