Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Paul <yd...@yahoo.com> on 2000/07/19 17:22:57 UTC

Re: What's this error?

> > I have also noted a fair amount of
> >     [Wed Jul 19 16:01:58 2000] [notice] child pid 24703 exit signal
> > Segmentation Fault (11)

I get this, too, a *LOT*.

> Err... I'm convinced that our current mod_ssl 2.6.5 is 100% stable
> and does not produce any segfaults. If you really get segfaults, some
> other component causes it.  Let me guess: You're running PHP or
> mod_ssl+OpenSSL as a DSO underf Solaris, right?

Forgive the "me, too"-ism, here, but this problem just won't seem to go
away.  I'm running on HP-UX B.10.20 (best the company will spring for)
on a PARISC1.1 9000/891.  I probably did build DSO, though, and I
really don't need it. Hmm.... think the same prob might apply here?

> If no, then I've no clue and you have to attach a debugger to find
out
> where it segfaults.

Somebody suggest a debugger? I'm feeling pretty ignorant, here, and
unfortunately won't have any time to RTFM for a few weeks yet.
(~mumblegrumble~)

Paul

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Re: What's this error?

Posted by "Alan E. Derhaag" <ad...@wolfenet.com>.
Paul <yd...@yahoo.com> writes:

> > > I have also noted a fair amount of
> > >     [Wed Jul 19 16:01:58 2000] [notice] child pid 24703 exit signal
> > > Segmentation Fault (11)
>
> I get this, too, a *LOT*.
>
> > Err... I'm convinced that our current mod_ssl 2.6.5 is 100% stable
> > and does not produce any segfaults. If you really get segfaults, some
> > other component causes it.  Let me guess: You're running PHP or
> > mod_ssl+OpenSSL as a DSO underf Solaris, right?
>
> Forgive the "me, too"-ism, here, but this problem just won't seem to go
> away.  I'm running on HP-UX B.10.20 (best the company will spring for)
> on a PARISC1.1 9000/891.  I probably did build DSO, though, and I
> really don't need it. Hmm.... think the same prob might apply here?
>
> > If no, then I've no clue and you have to attach a debugger to find
> out
> > where it segfaults.
>
> Somebody suggest a debugger? I'm feeling pretty ignorant, here, and
> unfortunately won't have any time to RTFM for a few weeks yet.
> (~mumblegrumble~)

Recently, I had such a concurrence and traced it to a module (loaded
with startup.pl) that was bombing at the initialization when first run
by an access.  Dropping the modules from startup.pl improved the debug
output and allowed tracing its failure.

Re: What's this error?

Posted by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@www.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Paul wrote:

> > > Segmentation Fault (11)
>
> I get this, too, a *LOT*.
>
> unfortunately won't have any time to RTFM for a few weeks yet.

Then read .../mod_perl/SUPPORT.

73,
Ged.