Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yann <yl...@ims.ltd.uk> on 2000/04/28 12:31:15 UTC

SQLTaglib: Formatting returned Date values

How can I format a returned date (like "25/04/2000" instead of "2000-04-25 00:00:00.0")?

Thanks,

Yann.

Re: SQLTaglib: Formatting returned Date values

Posted by Yann <yl...@ims.ltd.uk>.
> > How can I format a returned date (like "25/04/2000"  instead of
"2000-04-25
> > 00:00:00.0")?
>
> Try the DateFormat classes from the JDK and do it in an XSP page.
>
> Ulrich

Well, I am already using them in my XSP when I have control of tags
creation, but in this particular case, I can't, since the tags will be
created by the SQLtaglib producer, not me. Do you see what I mean?

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Cocoon bug on Solaris

Posted by Taras Shumeyko <no...@humgat.kiev.ua>.
Hello !

We run Cocoon on Solaris and on NT
with NT al OK.
Config:  Cocoon1.7.2(1.7.3-dev) ,  Jsev 1.1 , Servlet API 2.0

But on Solaris we sametimes have error after XSP modification

         Error found handling the request.

 at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPPage.getDocument(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Compiled Code)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Re: SQLTaglib: Formatting returned Date values

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Yann wrote:

> How can I format a returned date (like "25/04/2000" instead of
> "2000-04-25 00:00:00.0")?

I wrote this functionality back into the taglib, much more cleanly than it
exists in the sqlprocessor. check out the latest cvs if you want the code.
docs (!) are available at:

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/sqltaglib.html

sorry the link on the home page is busted. pier's stylebook stuff isn't
100% automatic, it would seem.

- donald