Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Mainguy, Mike" <MM...@kmart.com> on 2003/10/13 21:37:01 UTC

[Poll] Action Form data types

Here's my weekly(ish) question:
For the purposes of this discussion, ActionForms also mean DynaActionForms
and the like...
Where does everyone cast their (String) request parameters to the 'proper'
datatype?

#1  My ActionForms only have Strings, I manually cast stuff somewhere else.
#2  My ActionForms only have Strings, I let (BeanUtils, JDBC,...) cast stuff
for me somewhere else.
#3  My ActionForms have java Datatypes, I let Struts(yeah, beanutils, I
know) cast stuff for me.
#4  I use strings for everything, I don't need to cast.

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.

Re: [Poll] Action Form data types

Posted by Koni Roth <ko...@bluewin.ch>.

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.

On 10/13/2003 09:37 PM Mainguy, Mike wrote:
> Here's my weekly(ish) question:
> For the purposes of this discussion, ActionForms also mean DynaActionForms
> and the like...
> Where does everyone cast their (String) request parameters to the 'proper'
> datatype?
>
> #1  My ActionForms only have Strings, I manually cast stuff somewhere else.
> #2  My ActionForms only have Strings, I let (BeanUtils, JDBC,...) cast stuff
> for me somewhere else.
> #3  My ActionForms have java Datatypes, I let Struts(yeah, beanutils, I
> know) cast stuff for me.
> #4  I use strings for everything, I don't need to cast.

> This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.

struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9

Re: [Poll] Action Form data types

Posted by Sgarlata Matt <sg...@bah.com>.
#2, and sometimes #1

#1  My ActionForms only have Strings, I manually cast stuff somewhere else.
#2  My ActionForms only have Strings, I let (BeanUtils, JDBC,...) cast stuff
for me somewhere else.
#3  My ActionForms have java Datatypes, I let Struts(yeah, beanutils, I
know) cast stuff for me.
#4  I use strings for everything, I don't need to cast.

Re: news.basebeans.com problem

Posted by Vic Cekvenic <ce...@basebeans.com>.
It works fine.
Outlook?
Try removing the newsgroup server and adding it again.
.V

news.basebeans.com problem

#1  My ActionForms only have Strings, I manually cast stuff somewhere else.
#2  My ActionForms only have Strings, I let (BeanUtils, JDBC,...) cast stuff
for me somewhere else.
#3  My ActionForms have java Datatypes, I let Struts(yeah, beanutils, I
know) cast stuff for me.
#4  I use strings for everything, I don't need to cast.