Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mirage1987 <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/20 18:49:15 UTC

working with dynamic fields

Hi,
      Is it possible use a dynamic field name="*" without having to define
any other field.
I need this for i have many fields in my docs and i want all of them to be
treated the same way.
Plus i want to use a field type with no analyzer for the above.

Thanx.

Re: working with dynamic fields

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Yes, I believe so, but why not just try it?  You might need/want a
unique ID at least, though, which means you will have one non-dynamic
field.