Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/09/05 10:15:44 UTC

[RT] Common menu for info and authoring

Hi Lenya developers,

when the contents of the authoring and info menus are
almost equal (or share a lot of information), we should
probably use just one coniguration file to reduce maintenance
expenses.

We could add attributes like

     info="false"

if we don't want an item to be displayed in a certain
area.

What do you think?

Andreas

Re: [RT] Common menu for info and authoring

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> writes:

> when the contents of the authoring and info menus are
> almost equal (or share a lot of information), we should
> probably use just one coniguration file to reduce maintenance
> expenses.
>
> We could add attributes like
>
>      info="false"
>
> if we don't want an item to be displayed in a certain
> area.
>
> What do you think?

Sounds good to me. The less code duplication the better.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich