Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2007/09/27 15:33:40 UTC

2.0.2 Build failing

It looks like we're in an incompatible state at the moment between
Geronimo-2.0 and Openejb trunk.  Some changes went in yesterday to
openejb (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=579817&view=rev) that altered
org.apache.openejb.spi.SecurityService and require comparable changes in
Geronimo.  Does anybody know the status of the Geronimo changes?

Joe

Re: 2.0.2 Build failing

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Joe Bohn wrote:

> Joe Bohn wrote:
>> It looks like we're in an incompatible state at the moment between
>> Geronimo-2.0 and Openejb trunk.  Some changes went in yesterday to
>> openejb (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=579817&view=rev) that
>> altered org.apache.openejb.spi.SecurityService and require comparable
>> changes in Geronimo.  Does anybody know the status of the Geronimo
>> changes?
>

> I'm going to switch the Geronimo-2.0 dependency on openejb from
> 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT (trunk) to 3.0-beta-1.  This should hopefully get around
> this build problem since the SecurityService change didn't go into
> 3.0-beta-1 and get geronimo 2.0.2 on a stable openejb release as we get
> closed to getting it out the door.

I made this switch locally and it did get the build working again.
However, at about the same time David Blevins was updating openejb trunk
to eliminate the build failure.  He also suggested we hold off updating
branches/2.0 to use the beta until it was released (and hence available)
so that everybody wouldn't have to build it locally or download it
manually.  I agree so I didn't check in the change.

Joe

Re: 2.0.2 Build failing

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.