Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Alberto Sáez Torres <as...@ehas.org> on 2004/06/08 19:22:16 UTC

Crimsom problem with a DTD at sourceforge

Hello.
I'm having problems trying to get a DTD from sourcefoge.

I've been working properly with my  xsl files, until I put my DTD in
sourceforge. Then, each time I try to apply the XSL the engine fail
with  the next line:

Error on line 1 of http://mailcourse.sourceforge.net/mailcourse.dtd:
  Error reported by XML parser: Character conversion error : "Illegal
ASCI I character, 0xf3"

Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

I'm using Sun Java SDK 1.4 to run the saxon XLS engine. I use the
default XML parser (Crimson).  If I choose another XML parser I have no
problems. Recently I've moved my DTDs to sourceforge -previously I had
my DTDs in the sourceforge CVS.

I can't understand why the parser is treating the DTD as being encoded
in ASCII. It's got an XML declaration giving the encoding as 8859-1

First, when all worked I used the next DOCTYPE:

<!DOCTYPE mailcourse PUBLIC "-//EHAS//DTD MailcourseEHAS//EN"
"http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/mailcourse/dtd/mailcourse.dtd?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain"

With the next headers in the HTTP conversation:

(..)
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:49:45 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)
Connection: close
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

a8e

But, after changing it to the more beautiful DOCTYPE:

<!DOCTYPE mailcourse PUBLIC "-//EHAS//DTD MailcourseEHAS//EN"
"http://mailcourse.sourceforge.net/mailcourse.dtd" >

With the HTTP headers:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 11:24:47 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) PHP/4.1.2
Last-Modified: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:51:08 GMT
ETag: "12abb1-1ea2-40043e1c"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

Re: Crimsom problem with a DTD at sourceforge

Posted by Alberto Sáez Torres <as...@ehas.org>.
I've just solved it.

I've added an .htaccess file with the next line

AddType application/xml-dtd .dtd

But, AFAIK the Crimsom behavour is bad ¿it isn't?