Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by acheng <sf...@Princeton.EDU> on 2000/02/23 16:08:46 UTC

cannot download rmp files

Dear Sir,

I was unable to download the rpm files.
For example,
tomcat-3.0-0.noarch.rpm
(at
http://jarkata.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.0/tomcat-3.0-0.noarch.rpm
)

Whenever I tried to download the above file (using IE 5),  the source was
downloaded into the browser instead of being lownloaded as a file.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Albert

Re: cannot download rmp files

Posted by Jan Labanowski <jk...@osc.edu>.
Because people at RH who designed RPM, did not know that "rpm" is the
extablished extension for RealAudio... And we have mess and it is too late
to fix it.

The only way is to click with the right mouse button on the link and choose
Save As:

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, acheng wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I was unable to download the rpm files.
> For example,
> tomcat-3.0-0.noarch.rpm
> (at
> http://jarkata.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.0/tomcat-3.0-0.noarch.rpm
> )
>
> Whenever I tried to download the above file (using IE 5),  the source was
> downloaded into the browser instead of being lownloaded as a file.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Albert

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/