Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2009/01/29 23:23:42 UTC

Price rule with classifications hierarchy

A client of mine needed to have a price rule on a party classification also working on children of a classification (using parentId)
His use case was
agent
    agent partner
        agent partner fix
        agent partner performer
    agent not partner

and he wanted that if he defines a rule on agent it also apply on all children (this generalized at any level of the hierarchy, of course, ie  a rule on agent partner would only apply to agent partner, agent partner fix and agent partner performer)

I created a little recursive method, do you think this could be useful OOTB ?

Jacques

Re: Price rule with classifications hierarchy

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Client is King... well, yes, but Kings need advisors.

In this case if they refuse to use call a group a group, and instead
want to call a group a classification then they cannot use existing
functionality in OFBiz, and as in this case there is less of a chance
that whatever is developed for them will make it back into the project.

Often Kings don't realize such things, hence their need for advisors.
And if they choose not to listen to their advisors (if their advisors
are good ;) ), they typically pay more and/or fail.

-David

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Those sound more like PartyGroups (related using PartyRelationship)
than PartyClassifications. A party classification is used for usually
"sensitive" data like race, income, etc and usually for marketing
purposes.

As for the group hierarchy thing, I think that may already be
supported for group-based pricing, and I know there is already code to