Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com> on 2003/07/01 03:22:57 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Apache proxy issue

If it's ok by you, please provide the directives you use for your proxy
configuration.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
Hello Issa,

Sorry to disappoint you, but it seems that you are using Apache as a forward
proxy.
In order to have forward proxy you should have something like that:

Listen 8080
NameVirtualHost ip:8080

<VirtualHost ip:8080>
DocumentRoot /any/wanted/folder
<Proxy *>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 192.168.0
</Proxy>
ServerName proxy.internal.dns.name
</VirtualHost>

You can also add ProxyCache directives ProxyVia is not needed, it's being
used for example:
You are proxing into an IIS server and you want the other side to get the
IIS's headers instead of the apache headers.

Check more at the link below
http://www/manual/mod/mod_proxy.html#forwardreverse

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!
Posted by Issa Mbodji <is...@yahoo.com>.
I do not have it on, but here it is:

# Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following lines to
# enable the proxy server:
#
#<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
#    ProxyRequests On