Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Simone Robutti <si...@radicalbit.io> on 2016/04/05 12:02:55 UTC

How to test serializability of a Flink job

Hello,

last week I got a problem where my job worked in local mode but could not
be serialized on the cluster. I assume that local mode does not really
serialize all the operators (the problem was with a custom map function)
and I need to enforce this behaviour in local mode or, better, be able to
write tests that verify that a class or a job could be successfully
serialized.

Thanks,

Simone

Re: How to test serializability of a Flink job

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Simone,

do you have a stack trace for the error?
Usually the user code serialization is the same locally and on a cluster.