Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andy Glick <an...@acm.org> on 2005/08/20 19:28:45 UTC

Re: [M1 b1] NPE with maven-java-plugin 1.5 - LAST TIME - HAVE PARTIALLY SORTED IT OUT

I've been reporting the odd behavior I've noticed when using the
maven-java-plugin-1.5 in certain circumstances. The symptoms are that the
java plugin is failing when executing java:jar-resources goal on a set of
POMs from the same source repository, jakarta-commons-sandbox, iff there is
no resources tag within the build tag in the project.xml file. The variable
"${pom.build.resources.isEmpty()}" always evaluates to false, when it
should be true.

This morning I happened to work with another project whose project.xml file
contained no resources tag within the build tag of its project.xml file.
The maven-java-plugin executed correctly, so its
pom.build.resources.isEmpty() result is true.

So, rather than claim that this deserves any further attention, or any
efforts to debug it, I simply wanted to inform everyone that this is
occurring in some context.  I'm not very interested in chasing it down, and
there is a simple work around.  I imagine that the problem is caused by
some ordering or semantics of tags in the POM, but that is just a guess.

Re: [M1 b1] NPE with maven-java-plugin 1.5 - LAST TIME - HAVE PARTIALLY SORTED IT OUT

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reseearch into this Andy. I will take a look at commons sandbox.

- Brett