Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matthias Schmidt <be...@admilon.net> on 2008/02/29 17:16:46 UTC

sa-learn user problem

Hello,
my mac os x leopard (10.5.2 with updated amavis-new and spamassassin)
runs a script, which calls sa-learn with sudo and user _amavis.
In the config files for amavis and clamAV the user is set to _amavis.
Now sa-learn always tries to open /var/root/.spamassassin/user_prefs,
which of course fails.

Where or how can I correct this problem?

Thanks and all the best

Matthias

Re: sa-learn user problem

Posted by Luis Hernán Otegui <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Matthias

2008/3/1, Matthias Schmidt <be...@admilon.net>:
> Am/On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:23:28 -0300 schrieb/wrote Diego Pomatta:
>

>  >Matthias Schmidt escribió:
>  >> Hello,
>  >> my mac os x leopard (10.5.2 with updated amavis-new and spamassassin)
>  >> runs a script, which calls sa-learn with sudo and user _amavis.
>  >> In the config files for amavis and clamAV the user is set to _amavis.
>  >> Now sa-learn always tries to open /var/root/.spamassassin/user_prefs,
>  >> which of course fails.
>  >>
>  >> Where or how can I correct this problem?
>  >>
>  >> Thanks and all the best
>  >>
>  >> Matthias
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  >I had a similar problem and Luis Otegui suggested I used
>  ># su <user> -c '<command>'
>  >
>  >...and it worked. Try it.
>

>  thanks, I did that and the errors are gone, but now it looks like
>  something is wrong.
>  The statistics are showing nothing anymore.
>

>  Thanks and all the best
>
>  Matthias

Don't forget that if you're running Bayes over SQL, you must tell
sa-learn under which user it should learn the messages. That's what
the -u option does. You should run something linke

# su amavis -c 'sa-learn -u amavis --spam /dir/where/spams/are/'

or something like that. If you don´t, you'll end up learning as a
different user (most likely under root).

Take a look at Gary V's HOWTO:

http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/debian-spamassassin-sql.html

Hope this helps

Luis
GNU-GPL: "May The Source Be With You...
Linux Registered User #448382.
When I grow up, I wanna be like Theo...

Re: sa-learn user problem

Posted by Matthias Schmidt <be...@admilon.net>.

Re: sa-learn user problem

Posted by Diego Pomatta <in...@abelsonsa.com.ar>.
Matthias Schmidt escribió:
> Hello,
> my mac os x leopard (10.5.2 with updated amavis-new and spamassassin)
> runs a script, which calls sa-learn with sudo and user _amavis.
> In the config files for amavis and clamAV the user is set to _amavis.
> Now sa-learn always tries to open /var/root/.spamassassin/user_prefs,
> which of course fails.
>
> Where or how can I correct this problem?
>
> Thanks and all the best
>
> Matthias

I had a similar problem and Luis Otegui suggested I used
# su <user> -c '<command>'

...and it worked. Try it.

Regards
/Diego