Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "George S." <ge...@mhsoftware.com> on 2018/08/07 01:38:17 UTC

IIS Connector Not Working

I'm having a rough time getting the IIS Connector working on a specific
machine. I'm getting a 404 error when I request a file in my Tomcat
application. I'm using version 1.2.43 of the ISAPI Redirector on Windows
Server 2016 with IIS 10.0.

I've carefully checked, and re-checked, and followed the directions. I
can get it to work on a machine with a scratch install of Microsoft
Windows Server 2016, but I can't get it to work on another machine.

I'm not getting an isapi_redirect.log file in the ${catalina.base}\logs
directory.  I've checked and re-checked the permissions. I've tried
running the "jakarta" application under an App pool that runs as
"Network Service" and under "DefaultAppPool". For DefaultAppPool, I set
permissions on the directory for "IIS AppPool\DefaultAppPool". In
neither case do I get an ISAPI Redirect log. I know from experience that
not getting an isapi_redirect.log file usually indicates a permission
problem but I've beaten that silly. I've verified my
URIWorkerMap.properties and Workers.properties files exist as expected.

I tried enabling Windows Tracing for 404 requests, and the log files
aren't getting created by IIS for the failed request.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there another way to integrate with IIS
via reverse proxy?

I would REALLY appreciate any ideas.

--
George S.
*MH Software, Inc.*

RE: IIS Connector Not Working

Posted by Louis Zipes <Lo...@gmcr.com>.
Hi,
The fact that it is working on one machine and not the other then have you rules out all of the NON IIS Connector differences (ex. Machine Operating Systems, Privileges, etc..)?

- Louis

- - - external message, proceed with caution - - -

One more bit of information:

if I go to :

http://hostname/jakarta/

on the working machine, I get a 403-Forbidden.

If I go to the same url on the non-working machine, I get a directory
listing of the files in the directory that the "jakarta" application
points to.

On 8/6/2018 7:38 PM, George S. wrote:
> I'm having a rough time getting the IIS Connector working on a
> specific machine. I'm getting a 404 error when I request a file in my
> Tomcat application. I'm using version 1.2.43 of the ISAPI Redirector
> on Windows Server 2016 with IIS 10.0.
>
> I've carefully checked, and re-checked, and followed the directions. I
> can get it to work on a machine with a scratch install of Microsoft
> Windows Server 2016, but I can't get it to work on another machine.
>
> I'm not getting an isapi_redirect.log file in the
> ${catalina.base}\logs directory.  I've checked and re-checked the
> permissions. I've tried running the "jakarta" application under an App
> pool that runs as "Network Service" and under "DefaultAppPool". For
> DefaultAppPool, I set permissions on the directory for "IIS
> AppPool\DefaultAppPool". In neither case do I get an ISAPI Redirect
> log. I know from experience that not getting an isapi_redirect.log
> file usually indicates a permission problem but I've beaten that
> silly. I've verified my URIWorkerMap.properties and Workers.properties
> files exist as expected.
>
> I tried enabling Windows Tracing for 404 requests, and the log files
> aren't getting created by IIS for the failed request.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas? Is there another way to integrate with IIS
> via reverse proxy?
>
> I would REALLY appreciate any ideas.

--
George S.
*MH Software, Inc.*
Voice: 303 438 9585
http://www.mhsoftware.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for intended addressee(s) only and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately. Unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: IIS Connector Not Working

Posted by "George S." <ge...@mhsoftware.com>.
One more bit of information: