Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Troy Baer <tr...@osc.edu> on 2006/09/19 00:16:39 UTC

Java deserialization problem using Axis 1.4

Hello all,

I have the attached JobStatus Java class (using code generated from the
attached WSDL file using wsdl2java and then modified) as part of a web
service I'm developing.  For reasons I don't understand, not all of the
fields in the object are deserialized correctly on the client side.  In
particular, the "JobId" and "State" parts of the object are deserialized
correctly, while the "UserName", "JobName", "Queue", and "TimeUsed"
parts are not.

Using WireShark and JSWAT, I've been able to confirm that the client
application receives a SOAP response message containing all the relevant
fields.  However, the deserializer objects either can't find or don't
invoke the proper methods to set the non-working fields correctly, so
they end up being set to null.  I can't see any difference between the
type descriptions of the working fields and the non-working fields, so
I'm at a loss as far as what to try next.

Thanks in advance,
	--Troy
--
Troy Baer                       troy@osc.edu