Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com> on 2006/04/10 23:58:37 UTC

[M2] Websphere enableEndpts hangs forever

I need some advice on where to look.

First, this project has been building property from the command line, from
within eclipse and from continuum for some time. (several months) All these
builds are, however, on the same Windows XP machine.

Second, I have been adding things, fixing bugs and so forth but the changes
have been minor lately.

Third, the problem popped up sometime last week. If I was guessing, I would
guess Wednesday. As you read you will see how I didn't notice what was
happening for a while.

The problem only happens when there is a clean. You can do mvn clean and
then mvn install or you can do mvn clean install. Either way, the problem
happens.

The problem is that the Websphere endpoint enabler hangs. If I look in the
task manager, I can see it eating up the seconds. It takes almost all of the
processor time. I run it from an ant task called from my pom in the package
stage. The project is a ear projects. That's what the pom says. It builds
the ear file and then lets the websphere tool run on that ear to add a war
to the ear and fiddle with the xml files inside the ear.

When it hangs in continuum, I can see the java task that it threw off. It
uses up about 160 meg and when I kill that task, continuum thinks the build
finished. At first I thought continuum was messing up but that isn't the
case since it will happen outside continuum, outside continuums build
directories.

When it hangs from the command line, the DOS box is totally dead. ctrl-c
does nothing. Clicking the X on the window says you need to kill the task.

One even funnier thing is that once I have killed the process that has hung.
If I go back in and do a mvn install, it works. It only fails right after a
mvn clean or as part of a mvn clean install.

I doubt anyone has the answer for me. What I need are some suggestions on
where to look. As I said, the build isn't much different and suddenly it
hangs.

What sorts of things might cause this?

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com