Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Dani Estévez <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/14 18:01:07 UTC

Azure ARM: Adding scope to NodeId

Hello!

I've been working lately with the Azure ARM provider and found that some resources can't be properly accesed or managed due to current identification including only region/location and id/vmName. Many APIs in AzureARM require specifying this resourcegroup and with the current implementation we can only manage one resourcegroup for each location.

I think the complete identifier for this provider should include the ResourceGroup name (as in scope) so we'd have an identifier such as {location/region}/{resourceGroupName/scope}/{vmName/id}

What do you think? I'll be posting a PR soon with these changes but it'd be good to have some feedback first since this change would affect the whole provider behavior.

Thanks!

Re: Azure ARM: Adding scope to NodeId

Posted by Daniel Estévez <ka...@gmail.com>.
That's correct.

It will also allow us to handle those cases when a VM has resources
attached (such as disks) in different resoruce groups as the VM itself, a
configuration allowed in Azure ARM but not possible to replicate in our
current implementation

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Hi!