Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mario-Leander Reimer <le...@vva-networks.de> on 2008/05/21 10:06:06 UTC

Eclipse Plugin and WTP Facets problem

Hi Maven2 users,

I have followed the instructions "Using maven-eclipse-plugin in multi-module projects with WTP" on the maven site and it is almost working correctly.

But some of the project facets for WTP are generated wrong:
- The EAR project uses 1.4 instead of 5.0 (jst.ear facet)
- The generated Eclipse application.xml also version 1.4 instead of 5.0
- The EJB project uses 2.1 instead of 3.0 (jst.ejb facet)

How do I make the maven-eclipse-plugin generate the correct values? Can I somehow set these manually?
I am using version 2.5.1 of the plugin.

Should I configure the plugin in the parent POM or in the individual module POMs?

Thanks for your advice and help.

Best regards,

Mario-Leander Reimer
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)
Teamleitung Publishing Solutions
VVA Networks GmbH
: medien mit zukunft
Elisabethstrasse 91
80797 München
Deutschland
Fon:    +49 89 5908-2329
Mobil:  +49 173 5883541
leander.reimer@vva-networks.de
www.vva-networks.de
HRB 33884 Düsseldorf
Geschäftsführer Rolf Christian Kassel
Ein Unternehmen der VVA Kommunikation
www.vva.de
omnisuite® - integrate. automate. communicate.
www.omnisuite.de
Besuchen Sie uns auf unserer Messeveranstaltung:
> drupa, 29.05.-11.06.2008, Düsseldorf, www.drupa.de

Diese Nachricht (inklusive aller Anhänge) ist vertraulich. Sie darf ausschließlich durch den vorgesehenen Empfänger und Adressaten gelesen, kopiert oder genutzt werden. Sollten Sie diese Nachricht versehentlich erhalten haben, bitten wir, den Absender (durch Antwort-E-Mail) hiervon unverzüglich zu informieren und die Nachricht zu löschen. Jede unerlaubte Nutzung oder Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser Nachricht, sei es vollständig oder teilweise, ist unzulässig.

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient.
If you have received it in error please contact the sender (by return
E-Mail) immediately and delete this message. Any unauthorised use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.

Re: Eclipse Plugin and WTP Facets problem

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
0.9.4 of m2eclipse start to support natively WTP :
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/WTP+mini+howto

Arnaud

AW: Eclipse Plugin and WTP Facets problem

Posted by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch>.
Hello,

Posted by Guillaume Boucherie <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.

Posted by Mario-Leander Reimer <le...@vva-networks.de>.
Hi Martin,

thanks for the link to the thread from last week. The problem described there is similar but not the same.

I have tried to manually add the additional facets <jst.ear>5.0</jst.ear> to the EAR project and <jst.ejb>3.0</jst.ejb> to the EJB project, but this will result in the duplicated facet entries as described in the thread, and thus doesn't work either.

I would have thought the maven-eclipse-plugin somehow uses the versions from the maven-ear-plugin and the maven-ejb-plugin (where I have set 5 and 3.0 as versions) to generate the correct values for the facet settings and the Eclipse generated application.xml descriptor.

So I guess it's a bug and I should file an issue (or perhaps attach it to the issue for the above thread).

Another question: Do you know whether the eclipse:m2eclipse goal is meant be used in combination with the WTP settings? For my project it generates some WTP files but the contents is partially missing or wrong.

Best regards,
Leander

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.