Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ted Hickox <me...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/16 06:20:04 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache PHP configuration

I'm trying to connect PHP to Apache.  I have Windows 7 Ultimate.  I used
the thread safe windows binary PHP download.  It was the latest download.

I then downloaded Notepad ++ and opened PHP.ini.  Using Notepad ++ I
searched for the word _dir.  Once I found it, I found ;extension_dir =
"ext"  I removed the semicolon and saved the document.

Then I went into my PHP folder and found install.txt.  I opened it with
Notepad ++  I searched for apache module.  I found the apache 2.0 module.
I made sure the file php5apache2_4.dll was in the PHP folder.  I copied the
following text:

# For PHP 5 do something like this:
LoadModule php5_module "c:/PHP/php5apache2_4.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir "C:/PHP"

I capitalized my PHP folder so I could see it more distinctly.

I switched off Apache.

Then I found my Apache folder.  (c:Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/conf)  I opened httpd.conf with Notepad ++

I searched for Loadmodule and at the end of the Loadmodule list I pasted
this:

# For PHP 5 do something like this:
LoadModule php5_module "c:/PHP/php5apache2_4.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir "C:/PHP"

Then I searched for index.html and added index.php

I saved all my work and closed Notepad ++

I restarted Apache and got the following error:  cannot load
php5apache2_4.dll into server.  The specified procedure could not be
found.  I don't know what I've done wrong.  I need help starting Apache.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache PHP configuration

Posted by Ted Hickox <me...@gmail.com>.
I thought I downloaded Apache 2.4.  But apparently the Apache website
hasn't updated their binary page.  I've just downloaded Apache 2.4 and
followed the instructions on a webpage I found.  It seems to be working.
If I have any additional problems, I will let you know.

Posted by Néstor <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Hickox <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hendrik Schmieder <he...@jedox.com>.