Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Tino Schöllhorn <t....@plattform-gmbh.de> on 2007/02/27 10:36:32 UTC

Apache (HTTPD) integration

Hi,

I'm in the process of integration slide as WebDAV-Layer in our
application. So far it works fine. Now I want to use our Apache
Web-Server as the http-Server.

The problem is that when I use an URL like:

http://demo.localhost.de/kos/webdav/

in the Windows XP WebDav-Client I should authenticate the folder.

But when I am using the Tomcat via

http://demo.localhost.de:8080/kos/webdav/

it works fine.

The thing is: for ease of development I don't use any authentication
method yet. And: If I use the Apache-URL in an Webbrowser I can browse
the WebDAV-Folder.

What am I missing? Do I have to activate a WebDAV-Module in Apache or
something like that?

With regards
Tino

P.S: Tomcat is connected via JK1.2 (AJP) to the Apache-Server.

Re: Apache (HTTPD) integration

Posted by Tino Schöllhorn <t....@plattform-gmbh.de>.
Hi,

the solution was: I just had to implement BASIC authentication and voila
now it works. Though I still don't understand what exactly the problem
was...

Tino

Posted by Tino Schöllhorn <t....@plattform-gmbh.de>.
Hi,

no - we don't use URL-Rewrite in our virtual host. Should mod_dav be
activated or deactivated?

Tino

Posted by Marco Ferretti <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tino Schöllhorn <t....@plattform-gmbh.de>.