Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com> on 2001/12/04 18:06:21 UTC

Re: Plan for Xerces-C++ 1.6 / sane_include patch

I've reviewed Murray's patch for sane_include, it looks ok.  But since the patch is
only for UNIX platforms, I think I need more time to integrate the changes to
Windows/OS2/BCB/MacOS project files, and update the documentation as well.

I agreed with Jason that we shouldn't stop the users from getting full Schema
support, because of this patch delay.  So I am going to release Xerces-C++ 1.6
within the next two days as planned, without this sane_include changes but has full
schema support.  And then take my time to integrate the Murray's patch to the CVS.
So this sane_include change will be there for Xerces-C++ 1.7 next year.

Unless I hear otherwise, the Xerces-C++ 1.6 should be ready by Thursday or so.

Thanks!

Tinny

Re: Plan for Xerces-C++ 1.6 / sane_include patch

Posted by PeiYong Zhang <pe...@ca.ibm.com>.
Murray,

     Yes we are working on it and right now in the test building stage, once it is
done, the changes will be put into CVS and the community can help to test,
as well as to port to other existing platforms, such as BCB5, Mac, etc.

Rgds,
PeiYong

Posted by Murray Cumming <mu...@t-online.de>.
On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 14:00, Tinny Ng wrote:
> I will be on vacation during x'mas.  Unless other committers volunteer to do this,
> otherwise I plan to do it sometime in
> January next year.

Could you please give us an update on this? It's been such a long time.
I received an off-list email from Peiyong Zhang <pe...@ca.ibm.com>
about this. It seems like he's doing something about it but he hasn't
replied to my replies.

> Murray Cumming wrote:

> > > I agree. You need to apply the patch, direct people to the cvs or
> > > appropriate nightly, and only release it when they say it's OK.
> >
> > Can you tell us when you expect to apply this?
> >
> > --
> > Murray Cumming
> > murrayc@usa.net
> > www.murrayc.com

Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net
www.murrayc.com

Re: Plan for Xerces-C++ 1.6 / sane_include patch

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.

Posted by Murray Cumming <mu...@t-online.de>.

Posted by Murray Cumming <mu...@t-online.de>.
On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 18:31, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 18:06, Tinny Ng wrote:
> > I've reviewed Murray's patch for sane_include, it looks ok.  But since the patch is
> > only for UNIX platforms, I think I need more time to integrate the changes to
> > Windows/OS2/BCB/MacOS project files, and update the documentation as well.
>
> I agree. You need to apply the patch, direct people to the cvs or
> appropriate nightly, and only release it when they say it's OK.

I mean by this also that you should ask other people to make the changes
for other platforms.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net

Re: Plan for Xerces-C++ 1.6 / sane_include patch

Posted by Murray Cumming <mu...@t-online.de>.