Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/03/02 19:04:09 UTC

Unique declaration for projects

Hi,

We have a tool in Maven that uses BCEL to parse a class file and list
all the dependent classes and I would like to use that information to
allow people to automatically create an accurate project descriptor.

So I have each individual class dep and I can collapse those down into
unique package suffixes (org.apache.turbine, org.apache.velocity) so I
would like use the suffix and map it to a project name. So would anyone
object if I start adding:

<package>org.apache.velocity</package>

Type declarations in the gump project descriptors?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org