Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Arjé Cahn <Ar...@hippo.nl> on 2002/05/28 12:49:14 UTC

Live Site www.duitslandweb.nl

Hi all,

We recently put the German reference portal for The Netherlands online (www.duitslandweb.nl, in Dutch!). This government supported website aims to help Dutch and German students and researchers find information about both countries. It is filled with up-to-date articles discussing historical, political and cultural aspects.

The site is updated on a daily basis using CASTA XE editor and Cocoon 2. Updates are rendered to HTML and published on an external webserver that handles the workload. The complete project holds about 1500 pages, built from 3000 separate XML documents in an XML database. We have been using Xindice but are evaluating XHive 3 (www.xhive.com) to do the database job. Current results are very good, in favour of XHive. Cocoon does a good job, but caching the pages as HTML files is absolutely necessary to make browsing the site possible.

If you would like more information on this case, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Arjé Cahn

Content Management Department
Hippo Webworks