Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/08/11 16:36:03 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by CristinaAbad

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by CristinaAbad:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

    * 4 nodes cluster (32 cores, 1TB).
    * We use Hadoop to filter and index our listings, removing exact duplicates and grouping similar ones.
    * We plan to use Pig very shortly to produce statistics.
+
+  * [http://blog.espol.edu.ec/hadoop/ ESPOL University (Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral) in Guayaquil, Ecuador]
+   * 4 nodes proof-of-concept cluster.
+   * We use Hadoop in a Data-Intensive Computing capstone course. The course projects cover topics like information retrieval, machine learning, social network analysis, business intelligence, and network security.
+   * The students use on-demand clusters launched using Amazon's EC2 and EMR services, thanks to its AWS in Education program.

   * [http://www.systems.ethz.ch/education/courses/hs08/map-reduce/ ETH Zurich Systems Group]
    * We are using Hadoop in a course that we are currently teaching: "Massively Parallel Data Analysis with MapReduce". The course projects are based on real use-cases from biological data analysis.