Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Proctor, Scott" <sp...@necc.mass.edu> on 2005/06/06 20:34:38 UTC

Local.cf settings seem to be ignored

I'm running SA 3.0.3 on RH ES 3.0 acting as a mail gateway with spamd,
qmail & qmail-scanner.  The local.cf contains:

required_score 8.0

skip_rbl_checks 1
report_safe 0
use_dcc 0
use_pyzor 0
use_razor2 0
use_bayes 1
bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin
bayes_auto_learn 1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam 0.1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 12
lock_method flock

Yet any message that comes through the gateway has it's score listed as
only requiring 5.0 hits instead of 8.0.  Autolearning appears to be
active but the databases are not being kept in the
/etc/mail/spamassassin.  I ran spamassassin -D --lint as root and as the
user spamd is running under and it seems to pull the right information,
but only for the test.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Re: Local.cf settings seem to be ignored

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Proctor, Scott wrote:
> I'm running SA 3.0.3 on RH ES 3.0 acting as a mail gateway with spamd,
> qmail & qmail-scanner.  The local.cf contains:
> required_score 8.0

I don't think it matters what your local.cf says is your required score, as
qmail-scanner has it's own thresholds and does it's own markups. I'm pretty sure
it uses SA only for score generation.

Check your qmail-scanner configuration files.