Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Robert Haycock <Ro...@mediasurface.com> on 2006/03/24 12:47:09 UTC

To cluster, or not to cluster...

Hi,

Is it/will it be possible to cluster solr?

We have a distributed system and it would be nice if we could replicate
the index to improve performance.

Rob.

Re: To cluster, or not to cluster...

Posted by jason rutherglen <ja...@yahoo.com>.
It should be possible to do clustering if you divide your master index over multiple master servers.  Then write a wrapper around the SolrClient API using something like MultiSearcher.  From what I know this would work, could be wrong.

Posted by Clay Webster <we...@gmail.com>.