Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by N Kapshoo <nk...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/12 17:40:52 UTC

external authentication

Do I have to addUsers to James? Can I somehow use my external authentication
scheme (which is already in place) and somehow use only the username to
get/send email?

Re: external authentication

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Am 12.02.2010 um 17:40 schrieb N Kapshoo:

> Do I have to addUsers to James? Can I somehow use my external authentication
> scheme (which is already in place) and somehow use only the username to
> get/send email?

Hi,

 you could write your own UsersRepository implementation (which do the lookup) by implement the UsersRepository interface.

Does this sound like a solution to you ?

If you give me some more infos about where the stuff is stored maybe I can give you some more ideas.

Bye,
Norman