Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/06 17:13:20 UTC

Creating key spaces on the fly

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use Cassandra to replace a RDBMS.

My application handles domains. And, for every domain it creates a new DB
with a pre-defined set of tables.

After reading the documentation, I assume that this should be handled on
Cassandra by creating new key spaces.

Could I know if this is possible? Or if I'm wrong, could you point me to the
correct approach?

Thanks in advance.

Tharindu

Re: Creating key spaces on the fly

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
it is possible on trunk now I believe..

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: REMOVE

Posted by Jeremy Dunck <jd...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Stephanie Mardell <sm...@sageca.com> wrote:
> I tried to remove myself, but it doesn't seem to be working...please advise...

Send your message here:

REMOVE

Posted by Stephanie Mardell <sm...@sageca.com>.
I tried to remove myself, but it doesn't seem to be working...please advise...

Warm Regards,

Stephanie

Stephanie Mardell | Recruiter| Sage Consulting Associates, Inc.

601 Fourth Street, Suite 312, SF, CA 94107 | www.SageCA.com

smardell@sageca.com | ph: 415.512.8223 | fax: 866.382.3938

-America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies, Inc. Magazine, 2009

-Top 100 Women-Owned Bay Area Businesses, San Francisco Business Times, 2009

-Top 100 Fastest Growing Bay Area Private Companies, San Francisco Business Times, 2009

Rather than creating a new keyspace consider using the domain as part of a key.

Generally an application has a single keyspace and a few column families (enough to response to the queries you expect).

Think about using the domain as the full or partial key, and then creating column families for each group/type of information you want to read for a single query.

Aaron

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jess and Aaron for the replies. I will take a checkout and try again.

Re: Creating key spaces on the fly

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.