Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/17 12:06:51 UTC

Speed up application start

I am converting modules into applications. An application file size is a
bit bigger than  a module but the loading time is significantly longer. Any
tips to speed it up?

Thanks

Re: Speed up application start

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 10/19/15, 9:37 AM, "mark goldin" <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yes, exactly. But if I preload the shell and hide it how would it show a
>module that it is loading? I am definitely missing something here.

Yes, you are missing the fact that I am strongly suggesting that you do
not hide the shell.  Or, if you strongly feel you must, as long as the
module generates child display objects parented by the shell, then making
the shell visible is the same as making the module visible.

-Alex

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.
My setup is the following:

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: radiobuttongroup selectedindex problem

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.
yes, my problem is solved:
- not set selected on the radiobutton
- in callout on creationcomplete set selectedindex on group

here is a test:

<fx:Declarations>
         <s:RadioButtonGroup id="group0"  />
         <s:Callout id="callout"  >
             <s:HGroup>
                 <s:RadioButton groupName="group0"
                                label="yes"
                                value="0" />
                 <s:RadioButton id="btn1" groupName="group0"
                                label="no"
                                value="1"
                                selected="true"/>
                 <s:Button label="test"
                           click="trace(group0.selectedIndex)" />
             </s:HGroup>
         </s:Callout>
     </fx:Declarations>

     <s:VGroup id="vgroup" width="100%" height="100%">
         <s:Button id="openBtn"
                   label="open"
                   click="callout.open(openBtn)" />
     </s:VGroup>

Very strange: if you place e.g. a Label or other component after
openBtn, then it works

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Frank Dahmen <fr...@dahmenia.de>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.