Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Peter Mularien <pm...@deploy.com> on 2002/11/12 20:55:10 UTC

Usage of JDK 1.2 features/JDK compatibility?

I was working on the getFieldNames diffs and was wondering whether it is
officially OK to use JDK 1.2 features or whether we are trying to
maintain compatibility with JDK 1.1.x. I didn't see this addressed
anywhere, so I figured I'd ask first. If we are trying to remain
compatible with earlier JDKs, is there a point at which we are missing
out on some functionality or improvements that make it more useful to
drop compatibility for obsolete JDKs?

Thanks
Peter

Re: Usage of JDK 1.2 features/JDK compatibility?

Posted by Peter Mularien <pm...@deploy.com>.
Brian -

Thanks for information. Diffs coming shortly.

Peter

Posted by Brian Goetz <br...@quiotix.com>.