Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ni...@alcatel.co.in on 2003/12/16 11:39:42 UTC

Strange Xerces2 behaviour when validating xmls with namespaceses

hi all
there has been a mail with the same subject some months ago. it was
regarding DOM. I am facing the same problem with XMLReader.
There is a file rtrv_dgn_status.xml and two xsds Dialog.xsd,
DialogTypes.xsd.
Following is the method in which parse is called.

protected void build(InputSource in)
            throws JDOMException
        {

            Document doc = new Document();
            try
              {
                  XMLReader parser =
XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(saxDriverClass);

                  if (saxXMLFilter != null)
                    {

                        // Connect filter chain to parser
                        XMLFilter root = saxXMLFilter;

                        while (root.getParent() instanceof XMLFilter)
                          {
                              root = (XMLFilter)root.getParent();
                          }

                        root.setParent(parser);

                        // Read from filter
                        parser = saxXMLFilter;
                    }

                  DefaultHandler contentHandler = new SAXHandler(doc);
                  parser.setContentHandler(contentHandler);

                  if (saxEntityResolver != null)
                    {
                        parser.setEntityResolver(saxEntityResolver);
                    }

                  if (saxDTDHandler != null)
                    {
                        parser.setDTDHandler(saxDTDHandler);
                    }

                  parser.setProperty(

"http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler",
                                    contentHandler);
                  lexicalReporting = true;

                  // Set validation
                  try
                    {

parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation",
                                                  validate);
                        parser.setFeature(

"http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema",
                                    validate);

parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces",
                                                  true);
                        parser.setFeature(

"http://xml.org/sax/features/namespace-prefixes",
                                    false);

                        if (saxErrorHandler != null)
                          {
                              parser.setErrorHandler(saxErrorHandler);
                          }
                        else
                          {
                              parser.setErrorHandler(contentHandler);
                          }
                    }
                  catch (SAXNotSupportedException e)
                    {
                    }
                  catch (SAXNotRecognizedException e)
                    {
                    }
                  parser.parse(in);
                  System.out.println("parsed successfully");
              }
            catch (Exception e)
              {
        }

Attached are the corresponding xml and xsd files

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Gupta

(See attached file: DialogTypes.xsd)(See attached file: Dialog.xsd)(See
attached file: rtrv_dgn_status.xml)

Re: Finding out the Data Type defined in the XML schema at run time which I need for conditional formatting in my call back methods

Posted by Venu <K....@Sun.COM>.
look into the psvi sample provided in xerces and see if it helps
you.

Shailesh Vaidya wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to find out the data type defined in XML schema in my
> call back methods, we are using the validating parser with validation
> feature set to true.
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Shailesh

Venu

Re: Strange Xerces2 behaviour when validating xmls with namespaceses

Posted by Venu <K....@Sun.COM>.
Hi Nitin ,
A quick answer is to set the following feature to true.
  http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/dynamic

let us know.

-venu