Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Martin <er...@ericmmartin.com> on 2007/11/26 21:15:36 UTC

[s2] workflow/process question regarding menus and preferences

I'm building a S2 application and want to add the following:

1) Menus and sub-menus, based on the user's rights (session)
2) UI preferences (application)

I want the menu items to be determined after login / before rendering of the
page, and placed in the session. And for UI preferences, they are more
application specific and could be created at startup.

So, my question...what is the best way to add these? Do I create
interceptors, filters, etc. We're using Acegi security also, so I'm not sure
if I should add it on top of that flow, or the struts flow.

I'm still trying to pick up the flow of things and would appreciate any
insight.