Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Pa...@VerizonWireless.com on 2002/01/08 23:55:46 UTC

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Hi,

	I imported my code and xerces 1.4.2 jar into Visual Age for Java
3.5.  I'm getting the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: PAR002 Class,
"org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl", is not of type org.w3c.dom.Document.
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl

Any idea?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Paul.Gershten@VerizonWireless.com wrote:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: PAR002 Class,
> "org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl", is not of type org.w3c.dom.Document.
> org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl

Sounds like VAJ is looking at a different version of the DOM
interfaces. What version of these XML APIs are pre-installed
with VAJ?

Any VAJ users out there with experience in this regard?

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org