Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/25 10:27:28 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move Jira notification emails out of dev@hive

Hi everyone,

In the last Hive board report someone mentioned that the volume of Jira
notification emails to the dev list is huge especially when compared to
emails send by actual humans making it hard for someone to follow what's
happening in the project.

I personally share their viewpoint. For a long time I have been relying on
client side (Gmail) filters to separate Jira notifications from other
emails to the dev list.

I think it would be better to direct the traffic from jira to a separate
list namely jira@hive to keep the dev@hive list clean and dedicated to
human interaction.

What do you think?

Best,
Stamatis

Re: [DISCUSS] Move Jira notification emails out of dev@hive

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
INFRA-24440 is resolved so all JIRA traffic now goes to issues@hive.
Don't forget to subscribe to that list if you wish to follow the
creation of new tickets etc.

Best,
Stamatis

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.