Posted to dev@pirk.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2016/06/28 08:30:11 UTC

Incubator project set up tasks

Welcome to the Apache Pirk (incubating) developers' mailing list!

This initial mail is mostly to test that the infrastructure has been set
up correctly that allows the development community to exchange
information and ideas.

The current status of tasks establishing the project's infrastructure is
reflected in the incubator project status page [1].

By now there is already some mailing lists, a bug tracker, repositories
for the documentation and code, and initial accounts created, etc.
While there are a few more tasks to complete, the completed tasks should
be sufficient for development work to begin when ready.  If there are
any other blockers please call them out.

One of the non-development tasks that is worth starting quite early is
the project/product name search -- only because it is often disruptive
to change a project's name once it has been established for a while.
I'm happy to volunteer and get this search under way unless folks have
any objection.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/pirk.html

Regards,
Tim

Re: Incubator project set up tasks

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 12/07/16 00:53, Ellison Anne Williams wrote:
> Realized that I could create my own JIRA account (duh), did so, and created
> a JIRA ticket with the initial Pirk code (zip file) and SGA attached.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIRK-1

Hurray!  Well done for getting to this important milestone :-)

It seems there are still git config issues that need resolving.  I see
folks are already helping out with that, so right now I'll standby and
won't confuse by doing bits myself unless asked.

Good job,

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, just realized you already did this :)

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
:)

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 28/06/16 13:32, Ellison Anne Williams wrote:
> Thanks for sending the dev mailing list welcome!

That was more of a test that the list had been set up correctly, and
apparently it is working.

> Yes, it would be great if you could proceed with the name search
> procedures.

Started, the JIRA issue is PODLINGNAMESEARCH-108 [1].

> We had anticipated the INFRA setup for Pirk taking around 3 weeks (it took
> only about a week!) -- as such, we are still getting everything ready for
> the initial push and plan to do so soon.

No rush.  Take as long as you need to be happy with everything, and just
shout if I can help in any way.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-108

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,