Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/19 03:01:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] Compatibility tests

I'm adding a new testsuite in Artemis, to validate compatibility
between versions.

this is using a maven plugin I had written some time ago, that will
scan dependencies, generating a classpath. This maven plugin can also
accept the repository urls.. so you can tweak it a little bit.

The testsuite I'm adding is using a lot of Groovy. That's because I
needed to avoid some compilation issues when using older versions.

I will be testing the compatibility against 1.4, 2.4, master-snapshot.
and two versions of hornetq.

(These two versons of hornetq will be useful to make sure we keep the
wire stable).

I'm also fixing a lot of compatiiblity issues I have found, including
a few serializatoin issues.

Also, going forward, this will be part of the Pull Request checks...
so we would catch issues easily.

Cheers, and happy holidays!
--
Clebert Suconic