Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Mhaskar, Tushar" <tm...@paypal.com.INVALID> on 2015/03/09 19:24:07 UTC

Group name while consuming in 0.8.2

Hi,

How to specify group name when using kafka-console-consmer.sh in 0.8.2.
Kafka 0.8.1 had  --group option while running the above script.

I need group name to run offset checker after running the consumer.

Thanks,
Tushar

Re: Group name while consuming in 0.8.2

Posted by "Mhaskar, Tushar" <tm...@paypal.com.INVALID>.
Thanks that worked, I thought it will pickup the consumer.properties file.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tushar,

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Group name while consuming in 0.8.2

Posted by "Mhaskar, Tushar" <tm...@paypal.com.INVALID>.

Posted by tao xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
The error suggests that the consumer group name hadn't been registered yet.
Just run your kafka-console-consmer.sh first and then run  kafka.tools.
ConsumerOffsetChecker

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 4:31 AM, Mhaskar, Tushar <
tmhaskar@paypal.com.invalid> wrote:

> I have  group.id=test-consumer-group in consumer.properties file.
>
> When I run
> ./kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper 10.xx.xxx.xx:2181 --topic
> test_dt_kafka --from-beginning
> It displays all topics.
>
> But when I run
> ./kafka-run-class.sh kafka.tools.ConsumerOffsetChecker --zookeeper
> 10.xx.xxx.xx:2181 --group test-consumer-group.
>
> It gives "Exiting due to:
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode =
> NoNode for /consumers/test-consumer-group/owners."
>

> On 3/9/15, 12:46 PM, "Guozhang Wang" <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >In 0.8.2 there is a --consumer.config config, which specifies the consumer
> >configs file, you can add the group id in the file.
> >
> >Guozhang
> >
> >On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Mhaskar, Tushar <
> >tmhaskar@paypal.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> How to specify group name when using kafka-console-consmer.sh in 0.8.2.
> >> Kafka 0.8.1 had  --group option while running the above script.
> >>
> >> I need group name to run offset checker after running the consumer.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Tushar
> >>

> >--
> >-- Guozhang