Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vernon <Ve...@b2unow.com> on 2002/02/27 19:39:20 UTC

Advice needed...

I know this may be some what off topic, but I was wondering what other
people are doing in regards to the Nimda and Code Red Viruses. What legal
recourse does one have when a company refuses to patch infected servers?
Do we have a right to protect our precious bandwidth? When a system is
completely out of control and is hitting your system something like 1000
or so time an hour, doesn't that take away from processing speed and so
forth?

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to handle such situations? I know
that Apache servers are not at risk, but doesn't it concern anyone else?

Thanks for your input.