Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "wangyouli@ebupt.com" <wa...@ebupt.com> on 2014/04/04 07:37:18 UTC

About the configuration of multiple secure regionservers

Hi,
   I have some questions about the secure configuration of mulitiple regionservers. Our cluster using hbase-0.94 and hadoop-2.2.0, and we use kerberos to ensure the security of our cluster. However, when I try to config mutiple regionservers, the properties of the file called hbase-site.xml only have 'hbase.regionserver.kerberos.principal', which means there can be only one authenticated regionserver. And so far I haven't found any other properties mentioned in the website of hbase is about the multiple secure regionservers' configuration.
   Is there other properties that is not displayed on the website but related to the multiple secure regionservers' configuration? Or in a secure hbase cluster, there is only one secure authenticated regionserver?
   Please help me!
   Thanks~

Best Regards,
May Violin

Best Regards,
王又立
wangyouli@ebupt.com

Re: About the configuration of multiple secure regionservers

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.
On each regionserver, you need to configure the hbase-site.xml, set
'hbase.regionserver.kerberos.
principal' to 'hbase/_HOST@YOUR-REALM.COM', this will enable the security
of all the regionservers

--