Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "saccheda@libero.it" <sa...@libero.it> on 2002/09/18 23:08:49 UTC

Axis Server on PDA

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a system based on Web Services over a wireless
network with resource-
constrained devices like PDAs, running a JVM J2ME
CDC. I want to use Java Micro edition to minimize resource consumption
on devices.

I need to run a server implementing SOAP and providing Web Services on
every PDA device. I've tried to use the Apache Axis server together wit
J2ME CDC and the RMI Optional package but this solutions seems not to w
ork.

I've looked at kSOAP implementation but I don't know if it is only
client-
side or either server and client side and I think this version is
too light for my needs so I'd need a more complete version of SOAP like

Axis.

Does anybody have been able to run J2ME together with Apache Axis? Or
found another solution to run a SOAP server on a PDA with another SOAP
implementation other than Axis?

Thanks.