Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by alvaro tovar <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/12 23:52:32 UTC

memory tomcat

hi all, i am trying of configurate mi tomcat, but i have 2 question, is
posible to configurate tomcat for use 3 gb i actually have the memory
in 1.5but i don't know if are a limit, and the other tomcat reserve
the memory
when starts or when his need this. i have this in catalina.bat

...   -Xms1584m -Xmx1584m ...

thanks

Re: memory tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Alvaro,

alvaro tovar wrote:
> hi, thanks for your answer,  i think that i have to questions in
> solaris, is a solaris sparc,  but, if the manager application show

FYI Sparc/Solaris also has both 32- and 64-bit editions.

> Free memory: 3000 MB Total memory: 3000 MB Max memory: 3000 MB
>
> then tomcat have 3000?,  if true then i can put 3 gb in my tomcat.

3000 MB free with 3000 MB max? That doesn't sound right. /Some/ of the
memory ought to be taken up by the JVM... but 3000 MB looks fine to me.

-chris

Re: memory tomcat

Posted by alvaro tovar <al...@gmail.com>.
hi, thanks for your answer,  i think that i have to questions in solaris, is
a solaris sparc,  but, if the manager application show

Free memory: 3000 MB Total memory: 3000 MB Max memory: 3000 MB

then tomcat have 3000?,  if true then i can put 3 gb in my tomcat.

thanks and sorry for my english

Re: memory tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Alvaro,