Posted to dev@hop.apache.org by Matt Casters <ma...@neo4j.com.INVALID> on 2022/06/28 07:57:55 UTC

Execution Information

Dear Hop-devs,

I've started the mother of all cases around a number of requirements I
captured of the last couple of years around "Execution Information":

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HOP-4024

Make sure to leave your comments.  I've linked the cases I thought were
relevant.  Thanks for those!

Cheers,
Matt

Re: Execution Information

Posted by Matt Casters <ma...@neo4j.com.INVALID>.
Absolutely Ricardo.  I think there are a lot of suboptimal things right now
in that scenario.
Capturing and keeping track of the execution lineage will benefit the
person looking at the list of executing workflows.
Drilling down into the various executing workflows, pipelines, transforms
and actions is just something that should just work naturally.
The main issue is just to have a flexible plugin system that allows all
sorts of back-ends to be used for the capturing and storing of this
information.
The user interface also needs to be disconnected from the editing of
pipelines and workflows in a new perspective.

In other words: a lot of work to be done :-)

Cheers,
Matt

--
Neo4j Chief Solutions Architect
*✉   *matt.casters@neo4j.com

Re: Execution Information

Posted by Matt Casters <ma...@neo4j.com.INVALID>.

Re: Execution Information

Posted by Hans Van Akelyen <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ricardo,

You are right, I did not think about the fact that workflows do not expand
to multiple pipelines on the hop server status page.
Which on the other hand would also be a good added functionality on that
overview.

Cheers,
Hans

Re: Execution Information